Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday 15 Sept

Hi All,
went out to visit with Mom today. She seemed happy to see me so perhaps she is choosing to ignore my outburst of last week. I hope so... I guess fear does a lot to people sometimes - including me. At any rate, we had a nice chat, read together for a while, I watched her Don Williams in Africa DVD with her. Lisened to the same story two or three times but otherwise had a pretty down-to-earth conversation with her about her independence and the fact that I don't want to take that from her. But that I do fear for her. whatever. God and I are still working on what I need to be doing and how I need to be feeling. I want to be a dutiful daughter, I'm just not sure exactly what that entails.

When I asked her if she had been watching her Don Wiliams stuff she said no, her dvd player was broken and that she had no way to watch it. I said Mom, it looks like your new tv will play a dvd... and I shower her how to use it again. Maybe with enough repetition it'll sink in. We'll see, I guess.

Carl had some sort of attack while we were out there. He got overheated I think, playing ball..... he was panting and panting and then all of the sudden wouldn't breathe. It probably lasted maybe 20 or 25 seconds. I put him in the sink and cooled his belly down with some cool water shower but it still took about 10 miutes before he got back t his normal self. It was scary and I don't think I'll be taking him out there again if it is even a little warm and humid. : (

Anyway - that's all for now. I think Scott took Mom's Aricept to put in a big daily reminder pill box for her. Maybe that will help remind her to take it.


Ya'll be well,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment