Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Today, Wednesday, I only spoke with Helen on the phone to make a date for a Hancock Grocery Hamburger, but she had just finished her lunch (10:00) of the heated up onion rings from Cindy's birthday dinner. Amy brought by a TV/DVD/CD (all in one!) and I was to stop by and see Scott and then go out to set it up for her.

Shortly thereafter I became suddenly quite febrile and developed the whole gamut of symptoms commonly known as the flu. I do not know which kind it is. Scott forbade me to see him, smart fellow that he is. I then called Helen and told her I would not be coming out with my germs. I then called Gary, told him my situation and made him promise to double-check on Helen until this whatever it is lets go of me. (He said to let him know if I were to need anything. Imagine that.) Anyway, I don't think that I will be out to companion tomorrow. This bug is the very last thing she needs at her age.

Helen's Buick locksmith will be there between 10 and 11 tomorrow to make keys for her car, two, one to keep and one to hide from us. Let's hope for the best.

Dorothy also sick as is her boss and my friend at the library. Whatever it is, it is, or appears to be, highly contagious. I will conduct my companionship duties accordingly, not wanting to infect the mom. Keep your hands washed and do not touch your face (something we all do about every 5 minutes!)

And so, keep in touch with Helen via phone and/or visit and if you visit after 12, be careful of any and all cream-colored Buicks on the road.

Even if it is that flu, I am not in a high-risk group (at least I don't think I'm pregnant) and it is not a particularly bad flu, they say, although it can last as long as a week. We'll just have to wait and see if that is true or not. I am sorry to drop the ball on everyone like this, but I may as well get it over with now while things are still 1/2-way manageable.

And that, my friends, is the news from Lake Wobegon. Will post again soon.

And don't forget to pray. R.


No comments:

Post a Comment