Sunday, September 13, 2009

M.e again

I went out to see Mom again today. She was a little less foggy today than yesterday. She seemed really quite and withdrawn early on. I couldn't get her to talk. She just really seemed down, which is not normal for Mom.
We decided to stop at Micky D's and split a big angus burger (which by the way is really good). Then we went out to see McKenna, then stopped by April's and picked up Austin. We then traveled to Oak Ridge to see Lex, Vic, Daisy...Austin was already with us.
I had ordered Mom another Don Williams DVD. It was him performing live in Africa. I had asked her earlier in the morning if she had watched it yet. She explained to me that her DVD player had gotten a dvd stuck in it. She said Rob and Amy BOTH had tried and tried to get it out. When they weren't able to, Mom told me that Amy had taken it into Shields Elec. to get it fixed.
The reality was this.....Amy had replaced Mom's TV she had gotten her for her birthday with a new one that had a DVD player with it. An all-in-one thing. Amy told me Mom had watched several DVD's on it and that she knew how to put the dvds in.
Mom went on saying that she couldn't wait to get her DVD player back so she could watch her new Don Williams dvd.
When I took her home I put the DVD in for her and started it right up. She told me "why...I never knew that thing had a dvd player with it".
I sat there and watched it with her and while doing so I looked at her Aricep med. bottle. It showed that it was filled on Sept. 2. This is the 13th and only 3 pills had been taken..:-(( She still is not remembering to take her meds. I'll be really glad when Rob gets over his flu/whatever else and can start staying with Mom again. On the days he out there, he can make sure she takes her meds. Of course I made sure she took her pill. That was no problem at all.
Anyway, Mom had a good day and she LOVES her new DVD player and her new DVD of DW.
That's it for today,
Night All
B

No comments:

Post a Comment