Monday, September 28, 2009

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to add to what Amy said about our visit with Mom on Sun.
Yes, we cleaned and visited, cleaned some more and then some more. As Amy mentioned, Mom was having a good day Sunday. She seemed to remember things and didn't repeat things "TOO" much...lol. Things with her started changing around 4:30. She spotted a blue Heron down at the pond. She was so excited about seeing that bird. She kept saying she hadn't seen one of those birds out there for years and years. (When in reality, she and Amy saw one last week and commented on it.) I took her to Ky Fried Chicken about 5:00 and she ordered a Wrap. She wasn't too thrilled about her choice, but ate it like she was starved to death. Next we made our usual stop to get her English Toffee she loves so much. Then proceeded home. I cleaned a little more and then left about 7:00.
About 11:00 that night I got a phone call from Mom. She never calls, so this was much the shock. She said "Becky...you'll never guess what I'm doing right now". I said, "what are you doing Mom". She told me she was watching the most wonderful thing. Said she had gotten a DVD of Don Williams playing a show in Africa. She went on and on and on and on telling me everything he was doing. Then she said "Listen". She put her phone up close the the TV and held it there for me to hear one of Don Williams songs. Then she wanted me to listen to another and another and another. I had to listen to all the songs on that DVD. Again, she started asking me if I had watched her DVD. I told her next time I was out there I'd love to watch her DVD with her (again). She chuckled and told me she had watched that same video 3 times.
I just went along with whatever I needed to, in order to not burst her little bubble.

Night All
Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment