Sunday, September 27, 2009

It was a pretty good day today. Mom was doing ok even tho she kind of deosnt' remember yesterday. She said Rob was out yesterday for several hours. I asked, "Yesterday, Mom ?" "Yep !" she said. Oh course, yesterday wasn't a particularly fun day for most of us around these parts. I could forget it, too.
It was a cleaning day. Mom doesn't do much of that anymore except for her dishes. So the floors got swept and the kitchen and bath mopped. The garbage cans on the deck got emptied and rinsed. The bathroom got cleaned. Mom swept the deck while we worked and then sat down to rest for a while. She used her little broom to sweep the piles I was making into a big dustpan so I could take it to the trashcan.
There are now plenty of paper towels, t.p., cleaning and dusting supplies, etc, etc, to let us keep things reasonably clean for a while. Mom said Cindy found a couple girls through Hancocks grocery to come to Mom's one day a couple years ago and take down all the tins and wash them. I think that would be a good thing to do again. I'll have to check with Cindy to see if she remembers who did it..... or with Rob to see if he wants to.
Mom was, like I said, pretty good. It's still hard for me to hear her stories. But I guess that's my problem to learn to handle.
When I left, Becky was still there. Beck said she'd eat some dinner w/ Mom since I hadn't seem Mom eat. I got there about 10, left at 3:30.
And.... Carl and Della had a blast. No heat injuries today - but Della has learned to dig in red clay so they both got a bath when we got home. Can you say tired poodles ? Heh...... yeah.

Peace,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment