Thursday, August 20, 2009

Well, this is Wed, the day after our rather emotional meeting with Mom and Dr. Perra and us. Tuesday evening she had a conversation with Aunt Maggie and told her what a wonderful day she had had. Maggie asked her what made it so good and Mom said she had a doc. appt. and everybody was there. She was SO happy. Maggie asked her why everybody was there and she told her that none of us believe her when she tells us Dr. Perra tells her she is doing fine. She said, we all wanted to come here it for ourselves. She was very tickled that we were there.
About an hour after Maggie called her I called her again to check on her. After we talked about the weather and such, I asked her what she had done the rest of the day. She told me.."Well, Scott came by and picked me up early cause I had an appt. w/ Dr. Perra." (realizing she had not remembered us being there) I asked her what Dr. Perra had to say. Mom replied that Dr. Perra told her she was doing really good and to keep on doing whatever she was doing. I asked Mom about her weight gain or loss and she told me there was no change. Then she told me Scott took her to Hancock's to eat lunch. After that, she was too worn out to go to the store (all of that was true).
I called her this am as usual and asked her about her morning and what she had eaten for breakfast. She told me something different than she told Gary when he had asked her. I asked Gary to go over and look for any signs that she had even eaten at all. Yes...believe it or not, she had indeed eaten. There was a plate in the sink and eggs shells were on the counter. When I called her, there was so much static on her line that I told her to hang up and I'd call her on her cell phone. It went straight to voice mail. When I called her back and tried to explain how to press the "end" button to make the phone come back on she couldn't grasp how to do that. But, as usual, she was happy and laughing on the phone.
Gary went back over there and she told him she was going to take herself to the store (YEEKS!!) Don't worry, Gary knows not to let her drive. So he ended up taking her. Before they left for the store she started telling him about the meeting with Dr. Perra and all of us. She was cursing mad. Said she didn't need anybody to stay with her..etc,etc. Don't worry...Mom still doesn't use the Lord's name in vain, nor does she use the "F" word. Gary difused her anger and they went to the store. As usual, Mom bought Hershey bars, Snickers, M&M's, Mrs. Werther's candy, pastries, do-nuts, honey buns and her usual other sweets. It's really hard to get her to buy anything other than candy and sweets.
Anyway, I talked to her at 4:30 today and she has no recall again of the meeting with all of us and Dr. Perra. So, at this time she is happy.
By the way, Ed and I went by to see Mom on Monday and took her to Hancock's, she ate a whole hamburger, a whole order of fries and a whole pint of milk. Scott took her to eat at Hancock's Tuesday and he said she ate a lot also.
When she's at home by herself, she just forgets to eat.
That's all for now.
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment