Friday, August 28, 2009

8/28/09

Would anyone argue that my Granny does a better job of communicating over the phone versus in person? I speak with her once a week usually during the daytime on Thursday's or Friday's and she appears to be the same, sharp, alert, cognitive person that I have always known and remembered. With Jill and I being in Greenville and not getting up to Knoxville and visiting as much as I know we should I make a conscious effort speak with my Granny consistently. I offer the aforementioned question to answer my own concerns about her health. Obviously I can see no physical differences over the phone, but am curious as to what the difference are live and being with her as compared to telephone conversations. In the last three years she has not repeated a story, confused dates and times, or called me by another name anymore than my peers. Helen always reminds me of how sorry she is that she was not able to attend our wedding and asks that I please send pictures. She asks about my friends Josh and Lindsay Ward and how they are doing with their teaching careers. These type of questions about my friends and recent events remind me that she is very sharp at times and can have a wonderful memory. I always try to look at her health as objectively as possible and not romanticize the idea of my granny growing older and more forgetful. I hope someone can provide some insight and any thoughts, ideas or feedback would be wonderful.

Thanks and Love,

Drew, Jill, Joey and Charlie Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment