Monday, August 24, 2009

Well it was a good weekend mostly. Mom was in pretty good spirits Saturday and Sunday. Hope and Sam came in late Saturday afternoon and I think she enjoyed seeing them a lot ! Rob and Dorothy came over for a while on Sunday and stayed to chat for a little while. I know Mom ate breakfast Sunday and I left prepared food for her on Sunday afternoon but I don't know if she ate it. She seemed to not have much appetite Sunday.
Worrisome is the fact that Gary is in the ICU at St Mary's. Please say a prayer for him. His diabetes is acting up. He came out to say hello to me when I got there Sunday and said he was having a bunch of muscle cramps and was in some pain. A half hour later Cathy called and said she couldn't rouse him. She called the ambulance to come get him. His EKG on the ambulance didn't show any heart problems, really. But he had a bunch of Ketones in his blood (Google Diabetic Ketoacidosis to see what this is). Anyway, he was pretty much unresponsive even at the hospital. He did come around enough to ask for his kids but then drifted out again. The medics are going to rule out a stroke today and try to get his diabetes stabilized.
I think Becky is going to spend part of Monday with Mom. I'll be out there on Tuesday and on Wednesday for part of those days. Gary has been Mom's lifeline and we'll be hard pressed if he doesn't come back to the farm. He checks on Mom several times a day, just going over to chat or to sit and keep her company. I don't know how severely this will affect her. I fear she will want to drive herself to St Mary's to see him. I'll be happy to take her when I get out there but she won't remember that I've told her that.
Anyway - it was wonderful to see Hope and Sam ! I hope they made it back to Chattanooga without problems. I'll probably call them tonight to make sure unless they post here of their visit.
That is all for now.
Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment