Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hope and Sam's Visit of July 18-19,2009

Hello everybody!
Sam and I really enjoyed our visit and I think Mom did too. However, when we went out for dinner Sam mentioned ( I didn't hear this part of the conversation) to mother that we were going to have to leave in a few hours and Mother got sullen and didn't enjoy the rest of the meal. She knew from the beginning that we would be leaving on Sunday evening. The only explanation that I can figure is that she had forgotten which day it was. I hated to disappointed her so much and it really made Sam feel like a heel to have spoiled dinner. Before going to dinner Mother had wanted to drop by Weigle's to get some dog food (because she was out of it that morning) and some other necessaries but after she realized we were leaving soon she didn't want to go to Weigle's anymore and there was nothing that Sam could do to get her to go. She just said she could get those things later. We were talking about it on the drive to Chattanooga and decided to visit at least at least every couple of months, even thinking that I could stay an extra couple of days if someone was available to drive me home. Sam's working extra time trying to save enough money to put on a new roof before the rainy season comes so that makes it hard for him to find time to stay more than a couple of days at a time right now. Other things we noticed
about Mom: she seems to talk a lot about her life having been lived and that she's OK about dying
she, of course, seems to be depressed having given up all her craft pursuits
and I know from experience that a cluttered house only adds to depression so Sam and I were thinking that it would be a good thing to clean up her basement for her. She took us down there to relive old memories and it was hard to do in that environment. Let us know what ya'll think.
I'll try to call mom on her cell phone today to see if she knows how to find it and use it!
Toodle-loo for now,
Sam and Hope
P.S. My e-mail address is hopiedew@gmail.com
I don't know what Sam's is - but I'll find out!
And Becky - I need your e-mail address again!
And Amy, it would be nice to have yours too.
And Scott, Chuck, and what about Tom Thurman?
It would be nice to have them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment