Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hi all,
I took Mom out with me Thursday. We went to see Lex and Austin. She was w/o out cane all day and I was just waiting for her to crumble. I won't let her go out again w/o it. WAY to dangerous.
Last week she had approximately $500 dollars that disappeared from her wallet. She has looked and looked for the money, Gary has gone over and looked for the money and I believe Amy went over and looked for it also. So, Mom has either hidden the money and forgotten all about that, or someone has helped themselves to her $$$. She had NO $$ left at all. Amy bought her a couple of packs of cigs. Thursday when Gary met me with Mom he stopped and bought her a pack of cigs and breakfast at McDonalds. I took her to the bank again and tried to get her to just get $50.00 out of bank.....but NO she wouldn't hear of it. She was writing a check as we were at the drive through...but couldn't remember how to write the check. She wrote it for $800. I booked her a flight to go see Maggie and decided to get the money for that flight from her, which would rid her of about $455 of that $800. So, Friday when I went out there to take her out she wanted to go to the bank...she had completely forgotten going to the bank the day before. She was insistent that after she paid me for tickets she wanted to end up with $800 to take to Maggies. We went to Cracker Barrel where she ate pretty good, then went home. She was counting the money out to pay me for the tickets and we noticed that between Thrs when she withdrew $800 and Fri., several hundred $$ had been taken or misplaced. Long story short. With the $600 she got out of the bank on Fri. + what was left of the $800 after the Thrs. withdrawal she ended up with $997.00. She wrote me a check for ticket instead of giving me cash. (Cause she wanted to go to Maggies with at least $800. I counted out the $997 to her about 4 times so she could see the amt. then I folded it over and put a red rubber band around it and told her to keep it in her pocket at ALL TIMES. NOT IN HER PURSE. I drove home and about an hour later she called me and asked me if we didn't go to the bank and get some money out. She said she couldn't find it. I held on the phone telling her where to look..she looked and looked. Finally she found it and I made her put it in her purse and while I was talking to her I instructed her where to hide it so we both would know where she put her purse.
She refuses to think that anybody that visits her would take her money and gets very angry when that is suggested as a possibility. So, who knows???, she is either hiding it herself w/o remembering, or there is a thief lurking close by.
My stories go on and on with similar remembrance problems. She'll be leaving Sunday to go to Maggies for 3 weeks. That should give us time to arrange some daily care for her when she returns.
Please provide input...all ideas and help are greatly needed.
love..Becky

1 comment:

  1. Was there for a few hours this afternoon. She apparently gave the little love seat in her bedroom to the woman who cut her hair ??? I do not know what is up with that, but the love seat is no longer in her bedroom.
    Her money is in the little pink purse in her purse sitting, again, on the floor by her chair. She did take out $30 for me to give to Gary for lawm mower gasoline money while she is gone. She refused my offer to recount it with her.
    I am quite afraid some of her posessions (the televisions, the stereo, etc) are going to disappear while she is gone. I don't think anyone has keys to the doors in the house so maybe it's time we got some made.
    Thank God for Aunt Maggie !

    ReplyDelete