Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hey Hope and Sam,
Let me say that on Sat. when I was out at the house with you Mom was doing really good!!! She was connecting thoughts and being truthful with most all of when she was saying.....THAT'S VERY UNUSUAL!!! As you can tell...she has nothing but wonderful memories of Dad. Amy and I have just decided to let her believe that, if that's what makes her happy.
Sometimes when we visit her we hear the same stories over and over in a matter of 3 or 4 hours. When we were out last Friday, she noticed some guys wearing flipflops. She said "My oh my...look at that...since when did men start wearing flipflops?" Last week at grocery store she pointed at a box of instant potatoes and said the same thing.....like she couldn't BELIEVE they had started making instant potatoes. When passing by Wallace Memorial Church...we said "Wow! When did they build that chuch, mentioning last time she saw that space there was nothing there but just a field.
Those tales go on and on.
I hope to be able to bring her down to see you two soon. As you probably noticed, she's not near as strong on her cane when she gets out and about as she is at home just taking a few steps. I worry about her trying to walk too far on her cane. In and out of a restaurant or Weigles is about all she can do w/o really wearing herself out.
Anyway, it sure was wonderful seeing you all. I only wish I could have spent the day with you on Sunday. Darn headaches !!!
Love you and will talk with you soon !!!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment