Monday, October 19, 2009

Incident. Was I right or not? Gary's son, the car thief and a friend his age unknown to me came "to visit Mrs. Cowan." It soon became clear that was not why they were there. They were just hanging out, talking on their cell phones. Not a word to Helen. I had a bad gut feeling about them being there, took them both on the front porch, told them of Helen's condition, that I was her care taker and that we were limiting the visitors to close, known friends. (Remember, Helen will let anyone in the door whether she knows them or not, and has, a "drug prostitute," as Gary called her. He just happened over and ran her out on the highly probable cause that she was "casing the joint." I pretty much did the same thing today. Cactus is on my list of "unwelcomes" as well as on Scott's list too. If I stepped on anyones' emotional toes, I'm sure I'll hear about it, but as long as I'm there, Helen is not holding an "open house." She's too vulnerable, too friendly, and her judgement is questionable. All feedback appreciated. R

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely support and agree with your actions and your thoughts on this Rob. Mom really doesn't have the judgement skills anymore to protect herself. Thanks again for being there !! I am very glad you are.
    Casing the joint would not be beyond the realm of possibility. The young man has already proven himself in my estimation. Thanks for running hom off.

    ReplyDelete