Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A beautiful day weather-wise. Helen and I spent a lot of time on the deck, watching birds, just taking in the beauty. We went inside when she started to get cool and spent the afternoon talking mostly about Ed. I hooked up her VCR to the sitting room TV so we could watch videos. I carved a bit. Helen read a bit. Scott had brought over the once-a-month calcium pill for her and left the newly-filled Aricept bottle. I did the pill count so I'll know if Helen says "I already took it" if she really did or not.

I drove the Buick home to begin "learning it " for the Texas trip. It seems to do everything but make coffee, and probably does that, if I can locate the button. Got the oil changed. (the car "told" me electronically it needed one.) All the fluids were good, so mechanically, the car is ready to go.

Slight change of plans trip-wise. Helen and will leave at some ungodly hour on the 29th, the change is that Amy, the dear, is flying in to DFW after work Friday the 13th, and Helen and I will pick her up there about 10:30 and make a bee-line for Knoxville from DFW, arriving sometime late Saturday morning or early afternoon, the 14th, the day we had planned to return, we'll just be leaving at 11p.m. All prayers appreciated. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment