Monday, March 15, 2010

As much as I hate to admit it, I think it's pretty clear that Helen is well into the early middle stage of AZD. I also think that if she is left in her rapidly shrinking comfort zone, let her sit in her chair and read her books and watch her Westerns, she'll be just fine. I agree with Amy 100%. Not many people are contributing to the blog. Yes, I need the information, but so does everyone else that comes into contact with her, so as to avoid or not make possible an adverse effect on Helen.

Come Saturday, I will make a list of how and how not to deal with Helen. It is from The Savvy Caregiver, Which the Downtown Library will ship to any Knox Co. branch. Free. If you asked me, I would say it is "recommended watching" esp.since Helen is getting the middle stages of AZD. Knowing the information in these DVDs will help you communicate and deal with the adverse behaviors that are just beginning to show themselves. I don't think a doctor's appointment would be out of line. Plus it will make interacting with Helen easier for her. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment