Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday April 11

Was out to Mom's this morning. I got there at 9 and gave her her morning medicine. She said she had eaten already so I didn't force that issue. I, however, had not and, in reaching in the refrigerator was assaulted by the smell.
I threw away over 25 pounds of rotten food from her fridge this morning. Please quit taking it out there !! A whole uncooked chicken, a bunch of collards and onions, numerous items of left over food that were moldy. There was a ham in there from heaven-only-knows when - it was green and fuzzy. The one Vic brought out on Easter Sunday was in there but I left it just to keep some semblance of peace.
Mother got really angry with me for throwing away MOLDY blueberries even though she has a package of good blueberries in the fridge. Yeah - so angry she went for a walk. Sorry folks, but I'm not leaving moldy food in there for her to eat.
Up until that time (about 3 hours) she seemed in pretty good spirits. She is still insisting on getting a suntan on her legs. What is up with that ?? She's NEVER wanted a suntan and she sits on the deck - despite my suggesting she's getting burned - for 2 hours at at time.
After I cleaned the fridge and washed up all the containers I actually weighed the bag of trash - it really was 25 pounds.
I left three open containers of mayo, 3 open jars of grape jelly, 5 (yep, count 'em) 5 loaves of bread. She got mad because I threw out a loaf of green fuzzy rye bread, too. And yes, she has another loaf of rye in the fridge.
I don't do well with the silent treatment and the cold shoulder, dementia or not. And I'll tell you I feel pretty crappy about it, but - I asked Scott to give her her evening meds and told him where the medicine box is (in the brown cabinet above the white medicine cabinet in the kitchen. I asked Gary to check in on her a couple times this afternoon. So she should be well taken care of for the rest of the day.
I kissed her goodbye and said I love you. She declined to respond. Told ya - she was angry.

So please..... unless you plan on sitting down and eating what you brought WITH her, then don't leave it there !! It's just gonna spoil.

Oh yeah - she does not need carrots, she has three bags full. Same thing with celery. And the container of meat salad ? I THINK she made that this week..... maybe Rob knows.
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment