Monday, April 5, 2010

Bouncing Back from Recent TIA

Helen got off to a slow start today, fairly non-communicative, but a combination of time outdoors on the porch alone, Rawhide, turkey and dressing, A River Runs Through It (one of my favorite movies, Helen watched all of it, laughing in all the right places, and, I assume, getting her heart wrenched in all the right places as well), still more Rawhide (she's getting to be a fan) and a long, late-afternoon on the deck conversation with Helen (reminiscing pretty darned accurately) seem to have done the trick. I believe she is almost back at her baseline of two weeks ago until the next TIA. If another one happens soon on the heels of these last two, that would probably signal a "go ahead" for a few 24 hr. stints until her brain finds different pathways and she recovers again, then no 24s again until the next one, though (I repeat) I'm still not comfortable with Helen being alone from 4-5 pm 'til 10 am. The TIAs, it seems, are getting a little more frequent, and may possibly continue to do so. AZD doesn't really figure into it right now, I think. It's those "vascular accidents" that Dr. Crane mentioned that are the present focus. Remember, it's her entire vascular system that is compromised, not just her brain. But like I said, she seems to bounce back in a few days presently. Sitting on that deck was more healing than anything, I think, for both of us. Lets hope the good weather continues. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment