Sunday, August 8, 2010

Update on Rob

On July 30, Rob was involved in a car accident. He sustained significant injuries to his spine but is thankfully not paralyzed. He did break two vertebra. T-12 and L2. T12 is a more significant break and both are very very painful.
He has been in St Mary's since the day of the accident and is doing well except for severe pain that is difficult to control. He is able to get himself out of bed and can get to a chair, etc, but cannot yet go home.

They plan on moving him to a rehabilitation unit tomorrow to begin helping him gain strength and stability so that he can go home. He will be in rehab for from 2 to 14 days.

I have shared this info with Dorothy's permission. If you want their address of phone number, please get in touch with me on facebook or via phone and I will provide it to you.

Prayers are requested and gratefully accepted. Their church family is taking care of meals and errands for now but I've told Dorothy if there is anything I can do all she needs to do is call me.

Updates as they occur.

Best,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment